Monday, April 28, 2014

5 Steps to Conquer Fear


Fear.  Ugh!  Are you like me- So weary of how it attempts to take over?  Think about it a minute-  if given place, it will consume our  thoughts and emotions.  It has taken quite a bit of discipline for me  to tame it-yet, it is similar to a bad penny as it keeps showing up! Over the years I have  learned several ways to keep fear at  halt! - meaning keeping it from a complete take-over.

What do I mean by take over?  Well, all of us have (at times) wavering faith. Many times it first appears with a fearful thought.   At least, that has been my observation and personal experience. I have heard it said for years that fear is the opposite of faith.  I've come to believe differently and have concluded that  unbelief is the opposite of faith.  We will discuss unbelief in a later post.  as it deserves more individual attention.  (So, stay with me and watch for my blogs- I intend to expose the stronghold of unbelief soon!)  For now, precious believer, let's remain focused on steps to conquer fear.

The Opposite of Fear
A quick dictionary search states that some of the antonyms of fear are: assurance, boldness, self confidence, courage,  fortitude and (of course!) fearlessness.   I believe it is safe to say that when fear is present, we lack each of these.  I know, for myself, whenever I am fearful I lack courage to move forward.  I am the most fearful whenever I am moving into the "unknown."  Maybe you can relate.


However, the Bible states that faith, peace and confidence are the opposite of faith.  Also, trust boldness and security are identified, according to the Word of God, as being opposite. So how do we walk in boldness, confidence, and fearlessness?  Allow me to share with you five steps to conquer fear so that you are empowered to overcome fear.

Five Steps


  1. Decide to wholeheartedly follow and serve God.  If you will remain focused on God and His Word, the enemy has to flee!  It is not so much "us" having to resist the devil- it's OUR knowing God and who we are in Him that empowers us to resist Him.
  2. Resist the devil! James 4:7 says " Resist the devil and He will flee from you."The word "resist" in Greek means to stand firm.  But there is more- it also implies to stand firm in "covenant."  When we resist fear, we stand firm in the covenant we have with God due to the finished work of Jesus!  We are standing firm not in our own strength- but rather standing on our covenant with the Lord!  The covenant resists the attacks of fear that arise against us.
  3. Draw nigh unto God.  James goes on to encourage us to draw closer to God.  When we resist the enemy we also are encouraged to draw closer to God.  This will empower us to remain steadfast against any fears that attempt to rise up against us.  Remaining submitted to Him and His will for us will keep fear from deterring us from our destiny.  
  4. Remain in the Word.  We are instructed to love the Lord with  all our heart, mind and soul.  If we do this fear will not find a home in our hearts.  I know this sounds too simple- but I have found it to be so true
  5. Take Control of  Your Thoughts.Again, it seems too simple- but believe me once more- it also works! Philippians 4:8 says this: 

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things . (My emphasis added).

Believer, I could write an entire book on ways to overcome fear.  Maybe I will!  However, this is a blog-a quick encouragement to you. There is much more to say concerning fear, but these five steps will empower you to get "un-stuck" from being paralyzed due to  fear!

A Python and Jezebel Spirit May Be Opposing You

I have written many blogs concerning how a Jezebel spirit and a python spirit oppose believers whenever they are crossing a threshold.  Thresholds represent enlargement and increase.  However, it also involves "the unknown."  Fear often arises whenever we are at a threshold.  Please take some time and read some of my previous blogs concerning these two strongholds-  I believe it will be greatly beneficial to you.

Before closing. allow me to empower you with another thought-  YOU CAN DO IT!



Go Through Your Door Of Breakthrough!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment